Friday 23 March 2007

Easter Exhibition looms


The pressure is starting to mount, I have a solo exhibition at the Grosmont Gallery starting on Easter Weekend. I think I'll have enough work ready although some might still be wet when they go up. I'm quite pleased with this latest one of the Mirk Esk, a little tributary of the Esk near Grosmont. It's lovely in the summer to put on a pair of flip flops and to walk up the river, that's if you don't mind a bit of slimey algae between the toes.


It's only natural as the big day gets nearer that I get locked into a picture that refuses to come right. I've spent three days on this simple picture over looking the Esk Valley so far. I'm thinking along the lines of subtle glazing to tone down the far side of the valley, I've been a little agressive with the blue.

1 comment:

Shirley Shelton said...

Hi Chris
This is really nice work. You obviously love what you do and have a style that suits your subject matter perfectly. In fact I was so taken by your work that I decided to feature it on my own blog post this evening. Go on, check it out. I hope you like it!